WineAndFoodWorld.com is the blog created by journalist Doug Levy. Doug has been curious about food and wine ever since he accidentally walked through one of New York City’s busiest kitchens while a toddler. That circus of white uniforms and funny hats captured Doug’s fascination with flavors and all of the ingredients that comprise amazing dining. As a reporter for 20 years, Doug used his nose for news and to scout out interesting regional foods and beverages — and the people behind them. When he left daily journalism in 2000, he started sharing food and wine notes with friends and launched his blog, WineAndFoodWorld.com in 2004. In addition to his full-time reporting for USA Today and other media in the past, Doug’s freelance work and reviews have been published in the San Francisco Chronicle. He also works with WeBlogTheWorld, an online travel and culture magazine. Doug’s investigative reporting has earned numerous awards, including a Peabody.
This is a personal blog written and edited by Doug Levy, a veteran journalist, amateur chef, wine enthusiast and global traveler.
- The opinions expressed are mine alone, unless otherwise indicated.
- Unless otherwise noted, food, wine, travel and other products were purchased by me at my own expense through normal consumer channels.
- I do not accept payments or other consideration for mentioning a product, service or organization on this blog.
- However, links to a product that I recommend may contain an affiliate link that generates some spare change.
- WineAndFoodWorld.com and Doug Levy participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
- Samples of wine and other products are welcomed, with the understanding that not all samples are reviewed. Blog posts based on samples or other special access will say so.
If you have any questions, please let me know.